Update on Sam’s Dental Surgery

We took Sam to the Vet on Monday anticipating having the worst part of her teeth pulled to relieve some of her pain. They said due to her infection, we would need to have her on antibiotics first and then they could do the dental surgery for her Periodontal disease. They gave us an estimate of the cost and we will be taking her back on September 25th for the procedure to be completed. She is still in pain and eats very little, using her paw to scoop food from her bowl to put into her mouth, rather than just putting her face in the bowl to try to chew. We only feed her the soft food, but because of her age, these teeth have just gotten to the point they have to come out. The vet says once they are out, her gums will get better and she can eat without pain again. Of course, we will keep her on her soft food diet still, but we can’t wait to have Sam pain free and happily running around the camper playing with her toys again and peeking out the big window. In case any of you would still like to donate for her, I will post the estimate here below and a donate button. Like I said before, we are not “e-begging” about it. We understand a lot of things are going on for many people right now. We are just saying if you would like to help us with her surgery, anything would be tremendously appreciated. We thank every one of you for your support on our blog.20170912_121005

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s